Breaking news: The D.C. Appeals Court just killed Net Neutrality.
This could be the end of the Internet as we know it. But it doesn’t have to be.
Tell the FCC to restore Net Neutrality: http://bit.ly/1iOOjoe
they want to make the internet like tv. with channels and paying to get to specific websites and things. net neutrality = not doing that
This impacts every internet user. Please signal boost the hell out of this and sign the petition if you are American
I do not reblog things like this very often, but this affects me both personally and my business as a freelance artist.
In the economy here; cash is already strapped as it is. You bet your ass companies would suck the ever living life out of misc. art sites.
I don’t want it to ever come down to me choosing between groceries or purchasing a new tier package via comcast to be able to access tumblr or DeviantArt (let alone not guaranteeing I’ll even be seen by my customer base since they may not want to pay out their asses either). It doesn’t seem important to most, but I do 90% of my business online entirely.
Please sign up, fight for this and share it with your followers/friends/family and urge them to give them hell as well.
Not writing related, but this is incredibly important. While we pay for service via ISPs, the internet has been a relatively free space where everyone, no matter their income level, is able to connect, access a wealth of information, and express themselves. The Internet has become a major part of our culture as human beings and the notion that ISPs might be able to limit what sites I can access unless I pay them more is utterly sickening. A lot of us are cash strapped as is, and I’d rather not be limited even more by someone else’s greed. Net Neutrality is essential and I hope you guys will understand why it needs to remain.
P.S. Signal boost this if you’re able.
“ limit what sites I can access unless I pay them more”
limit what sites I can access unless I pay them more
limit what sites I can access unless I pay them more
limit what sites I can access unless I pay them more
limit what sites I can access unless I pay them more
DO YOU WANT THIS? NO?? CLICK THE LINK. REBLOG.
As I understand this ruling, it means that businesses now have to pay extra to ISPs to have access to their websites through that ISP provided at a reasonable speed. If you don’t pay, users’ access to your website will be slowed to a crawl - so independent people and small businesses can forget about getting onto that high speed access tier.
This means that the American internet is going to be firmly under the control of those who have the most money. You’ll only get to see the content of those who can pay the ISPs to provide access at a reasonable speed. This means that you can expect to see skewed representation of just about everything, with those bigger businesses who can afford to pay ISPs a premium for access deciding what you can and cannot read, view and consume on the internet.
This is not something that we have in the UK. Our ISPs compete with each other to provide higher speeds, better services and lower prices, but because there’s a monopoly in the US of a few ISPs who provide services, they can afford to do this to you. You can’t go anywhere else, after all.
Everyone in the US needs to sign that petition, call their representatives, write angry letters and do whatever you can to tell your government that this ruling is Not Okay.
Maybe you guys are sick of this post but It’s really important to freelance artists and pretty much everyone who uses the internet, so here it is again. \o0o/
Little string performance.
Free your mind 🎨
1: Full name. Ashley Elizabeth Jones
2: Zodiac sign. Aries
3: 3 fears. Total failure, deep water, my teeth falling out BONUS: addiction
4: 3 things I love. Dance, art, music
5: 4 turn on’s. Big smile, biting, sense of humor, hair pulling
6: 4 turn off’s. Open-mouthed chewing, lip-smacking noises, bad hygiene, arrogance
7: My best friend? Emma Treloar
8: Sexual orientation? Bisexual
9: My best first date? Thor 2 :)
10: How tall am I? 5’2”
11: What do I miss? Being a kid and dance team
12: What time was I born? 8am
13: Favorite color? Purple
14: Do I have a crush? Yes
15: Favorite quote? “Don’t let the world change your smile; let your smile change the world.”
16: Favorite place? The art building/print shop
17: Favorite food? Broccoli
18: Do I use sarcasm? Yes
19: What am I listening to right now? Motionless in White
20: First thing I notice in new person? Mouth/teeth
21: Shoe size? 7-7.5
22: Eye color? Blue
23: Hair color? Red
24: Favorite style of clothing? EVERYTHING but if I have to pick, skirts and dresses
25: Ever done a prank call? Yes
26: What color of underwear I’m wearing now? None
27: Meaning behind my URL? The title to my senior anthology from high school: a conglomeration of all things that inspire me and make me think.
28: Favorite movie? Twister
29: Favorite song? Right now it’s Devil’s Night by MIW
30: Favorite band? Right now, Motionless in White
31: How I feel right now? Sleepy
32: Someone I love. Andrew Turpen
33: My current relationship status. Happily taken
34: My relationship with my parents. It’s in a good place. My mom and I don’t fight much and I’ve come to terms with my fathers’ passing.
35: Favorite holiday. Halloween
36: Tattoos and piercing I have. Piercings: double nostril, septum, 3 lobes each ear, tragus, top and bottom navel, nipples. Only one I still wear all the time is my navel piercing. Tattoos: paw print, dinosaur, and Blink-182 logo
37: Tattoos and piercing I want. Calve tattoos and a surface anchor somewhere.
38: The reason I joined Tumblr. Facebook got boring.
39: Do I and my last ex hate each other? I don’t really know, but we definitely don’t speak.
40: Do I ever get “good morning” or “good night” texts? Everyday.
41: Have I ever kissed the last person I texted? Yes
42: When did I last hold hands? This afternoon
43: How long does it take me to get ready in the morning. Bare minimum 15 minutes
44: Have I shaved my legs in the past three days? Yes
45: Where am I right now? In my living room
46: If I were drunk & can’t stand, who’s taking care of me? My roommate or boyfriend
47: Do I like my music loud or at a reasonable level? LOUD
48: Do I live with my Mom and Dad? Nope
49: Am I excited for anything? School to start
50: Do I have someone of the opposite sex I can tell everything to? Yes
51: How often do I wear a fake smile? All the time.
52: When was the last time I hugged someone? At work a little but ago
53: What if the last person I kissed was kissing someone else right in front of me? Probably be heartbroken, unless it was his parents or we’d talked about it first…
54: Is there anyone I trust even though I should not? Yes
55: What is something I disliked about today? Well I didn’t get to shower…
56: If I could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be? The bands/musicians that have been important parts of my lives as long as I can remember.
57: What do I think about most? The future.
58: What’s my strangest talent? Gleeking!
59: Do I have any strange phobias? Caterpillars (I’m allergic) and food texture
60: Do I prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it? Both
61: What was the last lie I told? That the food I bought after work was for my mom. I bought frozen pizza and imitation crab.
62: Do I prefer talking on the phone or video chatting online? Phone
63: Do I believe in ghosts? How about aliens? Both
64: Do I believe in magic? Nah not really but I wish it was real haha
65: Do I believe in luck? Nope
66: What’s the weather like right now? Beautiful
67: What was the last book I’ve read? Franzen’s Golden Bough
68: Do I like the smell of gasoline? Yes
69: Do I have any nicknames? Ash, Rooster, Red, Pistol Pete
70: What was the worst injury I’ve ever had? Sprained ankle
71: Do I spend money or save it? Save
72: Can I touch my nose with a tongue? Nope
73: Is there anything pink in 10 feet from me? My blanket haha
74: Favorite animal? Snakes
75: What was I doing last night at 12 AM? Sitting on the side of the interstate in my boyfriend’s car after we hit a raccoon and it destroyed the radiator.
76: What do I think Satan’s last name is? WTF kind of question is that?!
77: What’s a song that always makes me happy when I hear it? Loving Every Minute of It by Loverboy
78: How can you win my heart? Give me cuddles and treat me like I mean something
79: What would I want to be written on my tombstone? Not going to have one. I will be cremated.
80: What is my favorite word? Photosynthesis. And it’s been that since I learned to spell it in third grade.
81: My top 5 blogs on tumblr? ALL OF THEM BECAUSE IM LAZY AS BALLS
82: If the whole world were listening to me right now, what would I say? My knees hurt and I’m in love.
83: Do I have any relatives in jail? No
84: I accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow me with the super-power of my choice! What is that power? Selective telepathy and invisibility
85: What would be a question I’d be afraid to tell the truth on? Why would I put that on the internet?
86: What is my current desktop picture? Uhhhhhhm BVB.? I think?
87: Had sex? Yes
88: Bought condoms? Yes
89: Gotten pregnant? No
90: Failed a class? No
91: Kissed a boy? Yes
92: Kissed a girl? Yes
93: Have I ever kissed somebody in the rain? Yes
94: Had job? Yes
95: Left the house without my wallet? Yes
96: Bullied someone on the Internet? Yes
97: Had sex in public? No
98: Played on a sports team? Yes
99: Smoked weed? Yes
100: Did drugs? No
101: Smoked cigarettes? Yes
102: Drank alcohol? Yes
103: Am I a vegetarian/vegan? Used to be
104: Been overweight? No
105: Been underweight? Yes
106: Been to a wedding? Yes
107: Been on the computer for 5 hours straight? Yes
108: Watched TV for 5 hours straight? Yes
109: Been outside my home country? No
110: Gotten my heart broken? Yup
111: Been to a professional sports game? Yes
112: Broken a bone? No
113: Cut myself? Yes
114: Been to prom? Yes
115: Been in airplane? Yep. Was on one less than a week ago.
116: Fly by helicopter? Nope
117: What concerts have I been to?
Shinedown/Adelitas Way/in This Moment
NIckelback/Bush/My Darkest Days/Seether
The Used/Taking Back Sunday/Sleepwave/Tonight Alive
I See Stars/Crown The Empire/Atilla/Hellow Ramona/ Myka Relocate/Ice Nine Kills
Alesana/Get Scared/farewell, My Love/Megosh
And a bunch if country artists!
118: Had a crush on someone of the same sex? Yes
119: Learned another language? Yup. 13 years of Spanish.
120: Wore make up? Yes
121: Lost my virginity before I was 18? Yes
122: Had oral sex? Yes
123: Dyed my hair? Not totally but yes
124: Voted in a presidential election? Yes
125: Rode in an ambulance? No
126: Had a surgery? Oral surgery
127: Met someone famous? Yes
128: Stalked someone on a social network? Yes
129: Peed outside? Yes
130: Been fishing? Yes
131: Helped with charity? Yes
132: Been rejected by a crush? Yes
133: Broken a mirror? Yes
134: What do I want for birthday? Concert tickets
135: How many kids do I want and what will be their names? Undecided…
136: Was I named after anyone? My middle name was my grandma’s middle name, otherwise no.
137: Do I like my handwriting? Yes
138: What was my favorite toy as a child? My stuffed duck Mr. Duck, my Winnie-the-Pooh figurines, and my dinosaurs
139: Favorite TV Show? Law and Order: SVU
140: Where do I want to live when older? Not sure. Just definitely not my home town.
141: Play any musical instrument? No
142: One of my scars, how did I get it? Tripped while running in flip flops and falling off my bike (just made the scar bigger)
143: Favorite pizza topping? Cheeeeeeeese
144: Am I afraid of the dark? Sometimes
145: Am I afraid of heights? Sometimes
146: Have I ever got caught sneaking out or doing anything bad? Yes
147: Have I ever tried my hardest and then gotten disappointed in the end? Yes
148: What I’m really bad at. Running
149: What my greatest achievements are. Lots of things. Everything has gotten me to where I am today
150: The meanest thing somebody has ever said to me. To go get braces..
151: What I’d do if I won in a lottery. No idea
152: What do I like about myself? My eyes and drive to get things done.
153: My closest Tumblr friend. @bonjourbreezy
154: Something I fantasies about. Haha not telling ;)
155: Any question you’d like: Favorite song to dance to: The Blower’s Daughter by Damien Rice
15: What good thing happened this summer? I got my first apartment, took some amazing art classes, added my second major, and got to go to Disney. Pretty good summer!
21: Bad habits? I bite my nails when I end up in large groups of people and I have a horribly obsessive personality.
119: Favorite book? Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
PUT A NUMBER IN MY ASK
1. Who was the last person you held hands with?
2. Are you outgoing or shy?
3. Who are you looking forward to seeing?
4. Are you easy to get along with?
5. If you were drunk would the person you like take care of you?
6. What kind of people are you attracted to?
7. Do you think you’ll be in a relationship two months from now?
8. Who from the opposite gender is on your mind?
9. Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable?
10. Who was the last person you had a deep conversation with?
11. What does the most recent text that you sent say?
12. What are your 5 favorite songs right now?
13. Do you like it when people play with your hair?
14. Do you believe in luck and miracles?
15. What good thing happened this summer?
16. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
17. Do you think there is life on other planets?
18. Do you still talk to your first crush?
19. Do you like bubble baths?
20. Do you like your neighbors?
21. What are you bad habits?
22. Where would you like to travel?
23. Do you have trust issues?
24. Favorite part of your daily routine?
25. What part of your body are you most uncomfortable with?
26. What do you do when you wake up?
27. Do you wish your skin was lighter or darker?
28. Who are you most comfortable around?
29. Have any of your ex’s told you they regret breaking up?
30. Do you ever want to get married?
31. If your hair long enough for a pony tail?
32. Which celebrities would you have a threesome with?
33. Spell your name with your chin.
34. Do you play sports? What sports?
35. Would you rather live without TV or music?
36. Have you ever liked someone and never told them?
37. What do you say during awkward silences?
38. Describe your dream girl/guy?
39. What are your favorite stores to shop in?
40. What do you want to do after high school?
41. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance?
42. If your being extremely quiet what does it mean?
43. Do you smile at strangers?
44. Trip to outer space or bottom of the ocean?
45. What makes you get out of bed in the morning?
46. What are you paranoid about?
47. Have you ever been high?
48. Have you ever been drunk?
49. Have you done anything recently that you hope nobody finds out about?
50. What was the colour of the last hoodie you wore?
51. Ever wished you were someone else?
52. One thing you wish you could change about yourself?
53. Favourite makeup brand?
54. Favourite store?
55. Favourite blog?
56. Favourite colour?
57. Favourite food?
58. Last thing you ate?
59. First thing you ate this morning?
60. Ever won a competition? For what?
61. Been suspended/expelled? For what?
62. Been arrested? For what?
63. Ever been in love?
64. Tell us the story of your first kiss?
65. Are you hungry right now?
66. Do you like your tumblr friends more than your real friends?
67. Facebook or Twitter?
68. Twitter or Tumblr?
69. Are you watching TV right now?
70. Names of your best friends?
71. Craving something? What?
72. What colour are your towels?
72. How many pillows do you sleep with?
73. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
74. How many stuffed animals do you think you have?
75. Favourite animal?
76. What colour is your underwear?
77. Chocolate or Vanilla?
78. Favourite ice cream flavour?
79. What colour shirt are you wearing?
80. What colour pants?
81. Favourite TV show?
82. Favourite movie?
83. Mean Girls or Mean Girls 2?
84. Mean Girls or 21 Jump Street?
85. Favourite character from Mean Girls?
86. Favourite character from Finding Nemo?
87. First person you talked to today?
88. Last person you talked to today?
89. Name a person you hate?
90. Name a person you love?
91. Is there anyone you want to punch in the face right now?
92. In a fight with someone?
93. How many sweatpants do you have?
94. How many sweaters/hoodies do you have?
95. Last movie you watched?
96. Favourite actress?
97. Favourite actor?
98. Do you tan a lot?
99. Have any pets?
100. How are you feeling?
101. Do you type fast?
102. Do you regret anything from your past?
103. Can you spell well?
104. Do you miss anyone from your past?
105. Ever been to a bonfire party?
106. Ever broken someone’s heart?
107. Have you ever been on a horse?
108. What should you be doing?
109. Is something irritating you right now?
110. Have you ever liked someone so much it hurt?
111. Do you have trust issues?
112. Who was the last person you cried in front of?
113. What was your childhood nickname?
114. Have you ever been out of your province/state?
115. Do you play the Wii?
116. Are you listening to music right now?
117. Do you like chicken noodle soup?
118. Do you like Chinese food?
119. Favourite book?
120. Are you afraid of the dark?
121. Are you mean?
122. Is cheating ever okay?
123. Can you keep white shoes clean?
124. Do you believe in love at first sight?
125. Do you believe in true love?
126. Are you currently bored?
127. What makes you happy?
128. Would you change your name?
129. What your zodiac sign?
130. Do you like subway?
131. Your best friend of the opposite sex likes you, what do you do?
132. Who’s the last person you had a deep conversation with?
133. Favourite lyrics right now?
134. Can you count to one million?
135. Dumbest lie you ever told?
136. Do you sleep with your doors open or closed?
137. How tall are you?
138. Curly or Straight hair?
139. Brunette or Blonde?
140. Summer or Winter?
141. Night or Day?
142. Favourite month?
143. Are you a vegetarian?
144. Dark, milk or white chocolate?
145. Tea or Coffee?
146. Was today a good day?
147. Mars or Snickers?
148. What’s your favourite quote?
149. Do you believe in ghosts?
150. Get the closest book next to you, open it to page 42, what’s the first line on that page? (via catscuddlingandyou)
Am I that bored…. Ya. So I guess let’s do this, guys. Help me think about something good
Idkk bored 👏👌
God is Gay – Elliot Darrow
A history lesson: A faggot is a bundle of sticks
Originally used as kindling for fires that engulfed gays
When they were burned at the stake, people were firewood
But Moses came across wood on fire and saw God in it,
What is a burning bush but bundles of branches
On fire, isn’t it funny how faggots and God can look the same sometimes?